Thursday, August 13, 2009

Having the right attitude is FASHIONABLE

During my usual Starbucks run before the start of a beautiful work day, I noticed a gentleman in line in front of me that seemed to smile from ear to ear, and his happiness was emanating from all around him. He was very happy, and talked to the Starbucks employees like he was their friend, and he even smiled and was courteous to me as I was sprinkling my latte with Splenda. It wasn't the sort of happiness you see on someone who was being fake or trying to be over the top...it was genuine. His joy spilled over to me that day, and I felt like I was smiling from ear to ear as well! It's people like this gentleman, that you encounter no matter where you are, that make the whole world a better place. People who are optimistic and are happy, and who bring out the optimism in people are not only beautiful...but FASHIONABLE. There are so many people in this world who are full of negative energy, that not only does it make them look bad emotionally...but physically as well. The most beautiful woman on the outside could be breathtaking...but if her attitude doesn't pair well w/ her physical demeanor, she's hideous altogether! So I'm going to start a Fashion Trend here in this moment: HAPPINESS!! I'm going to smile each day like that man did, and surround myself with positive, caring and happy people...you only live once, so why muddy your life up with negativity and ugliness! Peace and Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment