Thursday, August 13, 2009

First design for August


Referring back to my fashion sacrifice of trying to minimize my spending habits, and designing/creating at least 2 pieces a month....I have my first piece for the month of August, I want to share.
It's actually a really simple, easy to make piece. I received my "Free People" catalog in the mail last week, which I absolutely love love love! They're clothing is totally my style...carefree, vintage boho inspired, comfortable looks, not to mention, some of the shoes they have are pretty cool!! I was flipping through the catalog, and came upon this heather grey t-shirt apron for $48.00!!!
I don't have the money to burn for this shirt right now, so I decided to take it upon myself and make my own. I went to Target and bought a $6.00 heather grey v-neck shirt and cut out the back, and safety pinned the neckline to bring up the shirt a little, and pinned the back to make it a little more snug...without being too tight. I wanted a comfortable, easy going look, so I didn't make it too tight. It looks a little long, so I think I'm going to cut a couple inches off the hem, and maybe replace the safety pins with buttons. I paired it up with a plain white tee for a layered look. I love this look!...It's comfortable, and yet it has a little rocker vibe to it also.

No comments:

Post a Comment