Friday, November 13, 2009

Project Runway Finale Part 1

Part 1 of the finale last night was awesome. I always love seeing where the designers are from, how their collections are coming along, and I am always curious as to what their work spaces look like. From the looks of everything, I don't think I've made up my mind yet on who I think will win this one. Carol Hannah's collection has a surrealism/tim burton-esque vibe going on with that tulle dress, and I really love her attention to detail and the fact that she is self taught. Althea, on the other hand, has the really cool sci-fi super hero collection that is intriguing me. She's got that strong bitch vibe that I like also. And Irina (Meana Irina) has those t-shirt graphics (which got some "slap on the hand" action, cuz they were not her own designs) which have never been on a project runway show thus far...so I'm hoping that she pairs those well with her almost all black collection. What I love about Irina's collection is the braiding details she has on her outerwear...it's fresh and I don't believe I have seen that yet....makes me wanna knit and crochet again.

I really feel for Carol Hannah and whatever viral infection she has. I can't imagine what it must feel like to have all that work ahead of her, and be sick at the same time. I hope she gets through it. Afterall, it is Bryant Park....there are no excuses. This is a once in a lifetime shot.

I was happy when the previous 3 contestants came back to help (not just cuz of Logan...wink wink), I knew that another look was going to get added in the mix, cuz they do that every season. But I was also happy when Michael Kors and Nina Garcia came to chat with the designers. It showed that they support the designers, and they want them to do well. I'm worried about Irina's all black collection however, but I also admire how she's sticking to her guns about her color choice. As an artist, you are always second guessing yourself, but you should always stand behind your work.

As Tim Gunn always says, "Make it work!"

No comments:

Post a Comment