Monday, July 27, 2009

A relaxed top fit for a laxed, laid back girl


This is the first top that I made, for the month of July, with my very massive collection of fabric that I'm keeping hostage in my dining room/studio work area. I have been in love with all the vintage prints you see nowadays for a while now...but I'm more in love with prints that aren't heavily mass produced. It wouldn't be vintage, in my eyes, if mostly every teenager within a 30 mile radius had the same print. So when I saw this tricot based print at the fabric store, I had to get it!!

My idea for this top came from our very own sunny San Diego weather. It's been very warm lately, and I wanted a top that was light, airy, and would cover up my postbaby midsection. So i designed a racerback tank blousant piece with a pleated neckline. In the photo, I paired it with a coral pink spaghetti tank ($2.50 at Forever 21...what a steal!), grey cargos, caramel gladiator sandals, and my leopard print bracelet for a little spice.

No comments:

Post a Comment