Friday, July 17, 2009

Karen Millen England



I was at the Fashion Valley Mall earlier this week when I stumbled upon a new boutique on the second floor either close to, or adjacent to, Victoria's Secret.  The new boutique was "Karen Millen England."  I was about to pass it up, until i noticed the modern, yet sophisticated styling of the mannequins in the window, and the fact that this designer was not a name that my fashion filled brain, recognized.  

Upon entering the store, I was met inside by the friendliest sales person I have come across in a long time.  You could tell she had an enthusiasm for the clothing...and it was infectious!  The feeling of the clothing; the presentation of the line; and the modern, unconventional, yet sophisticated styling lines and silhouettes felt so refreshing to see and touch.  This is definitely one designer you will see time and time again here...as I have developed a bit of a crush.  I was in a hurry that day otherwise, I would have tried on some clothes like the sales person had recommended.  I spoke to her about the line, and she mentioned to me that Karen Millen is especially known for her styles, because of her specific body conscious silhouettes.  She pays close attention to a woman's curves, or lack thereof.  The minute she divulged that bit of information, I loved Karen Millen even more!

This store is among a dozen stores here in the U.S.  I believe her stores arrived in the U.S. only since last year.  But I could be wrong.  She has a slew of stores throughout the world.  Check out her amazing clothes and style here and fall in love with this designer, as I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment